Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which businesses are required to employ an Occupational Safety Officer?
All businesses employing at least one employee should have an Occupational Safety Officer (Law 3850/2010).
2. Which businesses are required to employ an Occupational Doctor?
Businesses with more than 50 employees are required to provide Occupational Health services to their employees. (Law 3850/2010).
3. When an Occupational Risk Assessment Study is required?
The Occupational Risk Assessment Study is a key legislative requirement (Law 3850/2010) for all private or public sector businesses, regardless of the number of employees employed and the economic activity sector.
4. Are measurements of harmful and environmental factors compulsory?
HSE factors measurements are a basic employer obligation for the business to which employees may be exposed to an agent (physical, chemical, biological).
Environmental factor measurements are mandatory for companies that are subject to Environmental Licensing legislation (Environmental Impact Assessment, Standard Environmental Commitments).
5. What is an Emergency Preparedness Plan and when is it required?
The Emergency Preparedness Plan sets out all of the prescribed and organized procedures and actions to limit the catastrophic consequences to human casualties and property damage. Establishing an Emergency Management Plan is a key legislative requirement (Fire Order 13/2014).
6. Do you provide services throughout Greece?
ErgoProlipsis can provide specialized occupational health and safety services throughout Greece through a network of specialized partners.